Welcome to Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It?s a SNAP!
This hands-on initiative for schools is designed to help keep students in school and learning by promoting clean hands. Handwashing is simple but serious! It's particularly important in schools, where lots of things are shared - desks, books, pencils, food and even germs. Without proper hand cleaning, a single infection can quickly spread among students, teachers, family and friends.
Schools can use the Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It's a SNAP program to —
- Improve student handwashing
- Reduce absenteeism
- Help the school community stay healthy
- Deadline to apply for national recognition is January 31
- Awards are open to all public/private K-12 schools in states, territories and tribes within the US
- Your school project, activity or campaign must include the key handwashing messages
- Click here for the complete Awards Application Guidelines
- Learn more About Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It’s a SNAP
Since 2003, schools have received recognition for their handwashing projects. View the Photos and Videos pages to see the previous awards recipients and learn about the phenomenal projects that earned them the national award. Will your school earn top recognition next year? Get your school involved by downloading the Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It?s a SNAP materials today.
Click on the links below for a printable PDF version of the
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these documents.
to download Adobe Acrobat Reader